At Esteem we believe strongly in the products we use in the studio during treatment as well as your home care. That’s why we use a wide variety of quality products to insure your safety and results during treatment. Your skin is one of the largest organs your body has, and it works hard every day to protect our bodies from harmful elements. Taking care of your skin and developing a skin care routine is important, because it can help this organ do its job better and longer.
Much of the success of maintaining a visible improvement after treatment depends on consistent, correct home care. Your esthetician is trained to select the products that will most benefit your skin, and to advise you on how to maintain your professional results between visits. Like medical or dental care, following the right daily regimen at home is essential if you are to get the most out of your visits to a professional.
If you have tried over the counter products and have not seen the results you are looking for and want to try a Professional Line, we proudly use and recommend SkinCeuticals and Glymed Plus Professional Products.
7 REASONS WHY YOUR SKIN CARE ROUTINE IS IMPORTANT
1. Our skin sheds itself daily –The outermost layer of our skin constantly changes because the older cells that we see on the surface make way for the newer skin cells from the lower layers. In fact, you lose millions of dead skin cells every day and you leave a trail of shedding skin a.k.a. dust everywhere you go.
This means that the healthy and vibrant skin you have today can instantly look dull and tired tomorrow as your skin cells get ready to shed and fall off. Maintaining a constant skincare routine will help maintain your skin’s radiance so you can look your best always.
2. All skin types are different – Perhaps you have a friend who doesn’t have a skin care routine and her skin looks great. Well that is great for her, but did you know that all skin types are different? Because of this, your skin may require more care than the next persons. For this reason a daily skin care routine is important.
3. Beautiful skin is a lifelong process – If you want gorgeous skin 30 years from now, the choices you make today will help that happen. Beautiful skin is a lifelong process, and developing a daily skin care routine today can help you keep beautiful skin for the future. At the same time, negative skin care routines now can harm your skin for the future.
4. Prevention is easier – Preventing potential skin problems now is easier than trying to fix skin issues in the future. Taking the time to involve yourself in a skin care routine daily takes less time than having to see dermatologists or address skin issues as a result of neglect down the line.
5. A skin care routine saves you money – When you take care of your skin health, you avoid issues down the line that can be costly. If you don’t want to deal with acne scars, deep wrinkles, skin discoloration, or other skin issues, a skin care routine now can prevent trips to a dermatologist or plastic surgeon in the future to address these issues.
6. When you look good you feel good – Having clean and clear skin can help boost your confidence and keep you looking your best! Your face is the first part of you others see when they meet you, so go forward with your best face forward. A daily skin care routine can help you do exactly this.
7. A skin care routine can help establish other healthy routines – Add a skin care routine to your other healthy living routines so you can develop better health habits all around. This can include oral care routines as well as hair and scalp routines. Do them all together so you can look and feel great!
There is no time like the present to develop a skin care routine that works for you and can keep your skin looking and feeling amazing for years to come!