The weight loss industry has been overly focused on calories.
“Eat less; exercise more,” they say.
But, contrary to popular belief, weight loss isn’t about calories in versus calories out.
Especially if you’re female and over 40.
What “they” don’t tell you is that diets only work 2% of the time.
And “they” mislead you to believe exercise will lead to significant weight loss. Losing weight isn’t as simple as counting calories because weight loss is about metabolism. Simply put, metabolism is the way every cell in your body functions. And these functions are regulated by hormones, among other factors.
When it comes to weight (or more specifically, fat) gain, insulin may be the most important hormone to understand. Insulin helps your body use or store blood sugar, and blood sugar that isn’t used becomes body fat.
So, the better your body uses insulin, the less body fat you’ll store.
One way to improve how your body stores fat is to increase another hormone called glucagon-like-peptide-1 (GLP-1). This is the reason trendy, effective medications like Semaglutide and Tirzepatide which contain a GLP-1 receptor work.
But medications alone won’t lead to successful, sustainable weight loss. So, we take a multi-disciplinary, supportive approach with the help of our medical weight loss certified nurse practinioner.
You’ll lose weight with a personalized plan that consists of the following:
- Nutritional support suggestions
- Strength training suggestions
- Semaglutide or Tirzepitide
- B-12 Injection
- Hormone therapy (optional)
- Tempsure Firm or RF Microneedling (optional)
Our program encourages a minimum 6-month commitment.
How do Semaglutide and Tirzepatide work?
They contain a GLP-1 receptor agonist or mimic and will support your weight loss journey in three ways: (1) they reduce appetite, (2) they delay stomach emptying to keep you fuller longer, (3) they raise insulin levels to burn fat.
How much weight can I expect to lose?
Patients on Semaglutide report losing 15% or an average of 35 pounds.
Patients on Tirzepatide report losing 20% or an average of 52 pounds.
I’m ready to get started, now what?
- Schedule your Initial Office Visit with our Nurse Practitioner. There is a fee for this office visit.
- This visit includes a review of your medical history, weightloss intake questionaire, labwork, hormones (optional), as well as an overview of our program including nutrition and exercise recommendations.
- Order Medication. Once you meet the criteria and agree to the 6 month program we order your medication. This typically happens on the same day of your initial office visit. Medications are ordered from a reputable compoudning pharmacy within the United States. You will pay for your 1st months medication at this time.
- Thereafter, our program acts as a monthly membership. You pay a flat fee on the 1st day of every month. The fee will not increase or decrease based on your dosage.
- You will receive education on how to administer your weekly shot at home. In the event you do not want to administer your own shot we can do that for you in our office.
- Monthly Visits. You will return one time per month to review your symptoms, weigh in, and adjust dosing as needed and recieve your B-12 injection.
- Maintenance Phase. Once you reach your goal weight you may exit the program or enter the maintenance phase. Most patients find staying on a low dose supports their goal weight and prevents any regaining of weight.